Sunday, October 9, 2011

[FOOD] Hanaichi

Curry Katsu Don
Kay's Chicken
If you happen to be at QV square during lunch hour, you'll definitely notice that there's always a lot of people at Hanaichi. The first time I walked passed it, I thought it to be just another Japanese Restaurant like DonDon (which I'm not a fan of). It looks cheap, messy and it is always very noisy. My first experience with Hanaichi was a take-away brought back by my house mates. It was Kay's Chicken and I was quite surprised at how yummy it tasted! The chicken is crispy and I love the tartar sauce too!

After Kay's Chicken, I was tempted to try other dishes from Hanaichi *drools*. I almost walked away during my first visit to Hanaichi, the queue was so long! But in no time, it was already my turn to order! I looked around and saw people eating Curry Don, hence I followed suit. It turned out to be the best Japanese Curry I've ever tasted! The curry is not as sweet as normal japanese curry and the gravy is thick enough. Like Kay's Chicken, the chicken nuggets are very crispy. Curry Don comes in chicken and pork. I've tried both, and I prefer chicken over pork :)

This is one of my favourite place because:
  • It is cheap! The price of a regular dish is about 6-7dollars; a large dish is about 8-9dollars.
  • The portion is filling. I am satisfied with a regular sized :)
  • It is fast! Even though the queue is long, but you don't have to wait 30mins for your food to be served.
  • There isn't a wide varieties of choices which is great for an indecisive person like moi!
  • They serve Curry Katsu Don! *yesh I like this better than Kay's Chicken!*

Hanaichi
QV Square,
Cnr Swanston &, Lonsdale St,
Melbourne, VIC 3000
(03) 9662 9409

Charlotte the Glutton

0 doddles:

Post a Comment