Saturday, October 8, 2011

[Review] EOS Lip Balm: Smooth Sphere in Honeysuckle Honeydew

I get to know of this lip balm while browsing through makeup videos on Youtube a few years back in Malaysia. However, it is hard to find a lot of international brands when you're in a country which is kinda ulu (not up to date) when it comes to cosmetics. The fact that I'm in Aussie now makes things much easier! *muahahahah*

I'm a sucker for cute packaging and this egg-like lip balm definitely did catch my eyes! Besides that, this happens to be the favorite lip balm for a few of my favorite Youtube makeup gurus. It's sad to say that I am quite gullible when it comes to beauty slash skincare products. So after hearing so many great reviews, how can I resist such a cute thing right? *I WANTED IT! teehee!* and I BOUGHT it...

JUST LOOK AT THE SHAPE OF IT!! SHOOO CUTE!! ;)

Lets have a brief introduction for this lip balm. It is from a company called Evolution of Smooth (EOS). The range of their products is quite narrow; lip balm, hand lotion, body lotion, shaving cream. The following info was taken from their official website:

This lip balm was a love at first 'swipe' for me!!

The Pros
  1. It has a really good smell! Trust me, it is addictive! (not literally of course)
  2. The texture is not like other ordinary lip balm. It is not as sticky and gooey; it doesn't feel as though you have a layer of oil on your lips! Hence, you can definitely apply it when you're out on a date, if you know what I mean. *wink*
  3. The packaging is so adorable! Some people might find it bulky, but for me it is good in a way where I don't have to rummage through my makeup bag 1234567 times before finding it!
The Cons
  1. It does not work as a treatment lip balm, your lips will still feel dry when you don't apply it. But I don't mind applying and re-applying it again and again, just because I absolutely love the smell and texture of it!
  2. As I've mentioned, the packaging might be bulky for some people. But worry not! EOS has another range of lip balms - the smooth stick, and it is shaped like any other ordinary lip balms, and I believe it is as good as the smooth sphere:
Source: evolutionofsmooth.com

Overall, this is a great product!
[APPROVED!! BUY BUY BUY!!]
Since we're here, I'll review and rant a bit about my online purchase experience for this product.

I was about to get this from EOS official website, they were selling it for USD3.29 and I thought it was a good buy. As I was about to check out, I realised that the international shipping fees is completely out of mind - USD 15! Whaaaaatttt..the shipping fees itself is 5 times more expensive than the price of the product!??! So I went to have a look at their shipping policy. It says that shipping for orders less than 6 or fewer individual lip balms is a flat rate of USD15! I was going to buy only ONE lip balm so I decided to search for another alternative and that is how I came across Addicted2LipBalm.

Addicted2LipBalm sells EOS smooth sphere for AUD6.35, which is almost twice the price of the official website. Before rejecting this site, I went to check on their shipping rate, it was a flat shipping rate of AUD4.95. Though it seemed to be pretty reasonable but being the greedy me, I googled and gotten myself a free shipping code! (*hooray* ALWAYS google for promo/discount codes before purchasing anything online, who knows you might get lucky. Like moi! I would love to share this code, but the code expired the day I made the purchase) So, without thinking twice, I bought it. Okay, back to reviewing this website, like the name suggests, they sell lip balms of course, besides that they also offer a wide range of lip products, from lip stain to lip gloss. They do ship internationally, the flat shipping rates varies according to which country you want your items to be shipped. I waited a week before receiving my parcel, which I find it to be very slow for local shipping. Apart from that, all new customers are entitled to get a 10% off for their first order, so don't forget to input the code: 1ST ORDER before checking out! :)

I'm not saying that it is not a good idea to buy from EOS official website. If you are going to buy in bulk or share the purchase with your friends and family and end up getting 6 lip balms or more, do the maths and it'll definitely be more worthy to buy from the official website than from Addicted2LipBalm.

I hope my review helps and have a great day! :)

Love,
Charlotte

0 doddles:

Post a Comment