Monday, November 7, 2011

[Review] Laura Mercier: Flawless Skin Face Polish


Source: lauramercier.com

Before I started using Clarisonic (click here for the review), this face polish here was responsible for my facial exfoliation. I used up 1.5 tubes of it before writing this review. If you are wondering why 1.5 and not 2, that's because I left the remaining half tube in Malaysia, thanks to my forgetful-ness :(

Scent:
The first thing I noticed about this product is the scent! I love the smell, it reminds me of this:
Most Malaysians should be very familiar with this. Yes, it's the Vitamin C's we take when we were young! I remember how I always wanted more to the extent where my mom have to hide it. hahaha..

Texture:
It has a cream base with microbeads. The beads are not as rough as the normal facial scrubs. Whilst they're fine and mini, they do a great job.

How to use:
All you have to do is just gently scrub it against your face and you'll get a perfect result! Be careful not to scrub too hard, it might dry out your skin.

The amount needed for each application is fairly little. A little goes a long way. I used it once a week and the 3.5oz tube lasted for about 1.5 years.

The After Effect:
Immediately after using it, my skin looks more radiant and definitely brighter. It also leaves my face feeling soft and smooth. There's no greasiness after cleansing. My pores are free of blackheads as well. LOOOOVEEEE IT!

The Pros
  • Nice Scent
  • Really does a great job as an exfoliator
  • Reasonable price (refer to below for further explanation :P)
The Cons
  • Since it's a skincare product, do check the ingredients to make sure your skin is not allergic to any of them.
  • Some people might think that it's quite pricey. But here's what I think. After doing the maths, I'm paying RM1++ for each application and since it is good stuff, I don't think RM1 is a lot. So, for me the price should be under pros instead of cons.
  • I've heard people complaining that the beads are rough and they felt as though their skin has been rubbed by sandpaper! I strongly stronglyyyyyy disagree on that but again I think it varies according to individual. Get a sample from the SA before buying it!
Where to buy it
Any Laura Mercier Counter or Kens Apothecary

Price: MYR105

Love,
Charlotte

0 doddles:

Post a Comment