Sunday, November 20, 2011

[Review] Urban Decay: 15-year Anniversary Eyeshadow Collection

This might not be news to most of you girls, some might even hug it to sleep every night already! But I'm so excited about this palette I just have to share it with you people! :)

The moment I found out that UD is releasing this palette to celebrate their 15th year anniversary, I knew I have to get my hands on this. Especially after knowing that the shades in this palette are completely brand new! If you don't already know yet, UD has this pesky habit of reusing their existing eyeshadows in different palettes.

Reason why I'm only posting this up now is because I couldn't buy this baby in Australia. Have to beg my sister to get it for me from Sephora Malaysia. So a BIG hug and thanks to my sister and my dad of course, for driving her there just to get this for me.*HUGGSS* And I was so happy to find it sitting prettily on my table the moment I reach home (Yes, I'm back in Malaysia now, for holidays!)

OK, enough of grandmother story from me, back to the palette, shall we?

Now, take a deep breath! This post is gonna be a picture heavy post!
********************JENG JENG JENG JENG~!!!********************

The packaging is so dam bloody pretty!! Elegant, classy and girly!!

Love the bejeweled UD initials on the cover

*gasp* the detailed design on the side PWEEETEE!

The eyeshadow palette is placed inside this velvety box which is quite similar to the box frame thingy from the UD NAKED Palette. But the difference being, the NAKED one's is not as solid as this. So, please don't throw this away, you can re-use it! I use it to store the accessories and jeweleries that I often wear. Though I don't have a vanity table at home, but this will definitely look pretty sitting on one. However, the thought that it will collect dusts kinda bothers me. If I'm lazy to clean it, I'll prolly just dispose it.

The back cover of the packaging. Don't really need this, since the names of the eyeshadows are already labelled inside the palette.

The top cover of the palette has a mirror. Mine looks blurry because I haven't peel off the protective layer thingy yet.

And Tadah!
15 brand new colors! As you can see most of them are frosty and shimmery!
Perfect for the holiday season!

There is also a secret compartment in this palette. Sneaky UD!
Simply use the tip of your nails to pick up this layer.

And you'll get another velvety frame like thingy.
I find this to be quite pointless actually, not very sure of the purpose of having this secret compartment. If you were to seperate the palette from this layer, the palette will be left unprotected as the top cover will not be able to lock the palette tightly.
I don't know if this make any sense to you (?). Lawls.

Now, move on to the swatches!
Fyi, this my first time posting up eyeshadow swatches, sorry if its not perfect.

[L-R]: Half Truth, Blackout, Ace, M.I.A., Deeper
Half Truth
It's metalic purple irl, the picture doesn't do this colour justice. It is a pretty purple with a hint of grey, and a smokey shimmery effect.
Blackout
Matte, dark black.
Ace
Ace alone looks like a smokey black. But swatching it beside Blackout, it looks more like a grey with slight shimmers.
M.I.A.
The finish is the same as Ace, but instead of black/grey, it is a dark brown.
Deeper
Dark coppery brown. Or rather bronze with gold shimmers.

[L-R]: Chase, Flow, Vanilla, Midnight 15, Midnight Rodeo
I think this is the worst set of swatches out of all three. Sorreehhh!!
Chase
A lighter version of Deeper
Flow
Peach with gold shimmers.
Vanilla
Champagne gold with shimmers.
Midnight 15
Champagne silver with shimmers. Flow, Vanilla and Midnight 15 will look really pretty on the inner eyelids or the tear duct area. Brighten up the eyes instantly!
Midnight Rodeo
Dark brown with heavy glitters. Do expect a lot of fall outs while applying. Reminds me of Sidecar from the NAKED palette.

[L-R]: Deep End, Evidence, Omen, Junkshow, Tainted
Deep End
Shimmery teal/turquoise.
Evidence
Dark royal blue with slight shimmers.
Omen
Lilac with silver shimmers.
Junkshow
It looks more like a hot pink rather than red irl. Least favourite colour in the palette! Not a wearable colour in my opinion.
Tainted
Soft pink with gold shimmers.

Note: Swatches are done without eyeshadow primer.

Pros
  • Like the other UD eyeshadows, they are all really pigmented!
  • A great deal! I paid RM180 for this palette which then narrows down to RM12 per colour!
  • The colours are pretty wearable for creating an everyday look (except Junkshow of course!)
  • Exquisite packaging. Instantly add a hint of elegance to your vanity table :)
  • It is available in Sephora Malaysia! But I'm not sure if it is sold out already or if they are going to stock it up.
Cons
  • The only bad thing: you will have finger prints printing all over your palette. That really annoys me. I have to wipe it almost after every time I touched it. Ish!
Overall, a great palette! So, whatcha waiting for? BUY BUY BUY!! :D

Love,
Charlotte

0 doddles:

Post a Comment