Monday, November 21, 2011

[Review] butter LONDON: The Old Bill


This is not my first bottle of Butter LONDON nail lacquer but since this is the my first BL post, I shall give a brief overview of what I think of this brand. BL was found back in 2005. Despite being new to the nail industry, it has become the all time favourite nail polish brand for most beauty bloggers. Besides having a wide range of crazy colours, it is also known for its 3 free formula: free of DBP (Dibutyl Phthalate), Formaldehyde and Toluene also known as the big three toxic chemicals. I shall do a separate blog post on this issue.

Unlike the normal nail polishes, BL's packaging is squarish which makes it easy to be identified.

The picture shown below is the new packaging. The old packaging has the brush attached to the square top. I can imagine the hassle applying nail polish with that bulky squarish holder, thank god they changed the packaging :)

I don't like the brush, it is small and I find it quite hard to apply. I prefer brushes like OPIs' which is able to give an even coverage with just 3 strokes.
This is the main reason why I don't own much BL nail polishes. Will only buy them if I really like the colour and I can't find any similar ones from OPI or China Glaze.

I love this color.
BL describes The Old Bill as Burnished Copper with a beautiful antique patina.
Irl, this color looks more like a rose gold to me which is not quite the same as the one shown in the picture. It has a pink undertone to it.

The application was quite messy. Like most metallic shades, it is very streaky but not too bad.
Two coats and you're good to go!

I consider this to be a neutral shade. Hence, it compliments any skintone.
The shimmery finish makes it extra special.
Love this!

Cheers,
Charlotte

0 doddles:

Post a Comment