Monday, January 16, 2012

A Visit to Sephora, Starhill..

The Naked 2 palette has been the talk of the beauty town ever since there were rumours of its existence. The hype went up to a whole new level when UD launched the palette in the states two months ago. I'm sure all UD fans from Malaysia, like moi, were anticipating for this palette to make its way here.

January 7th, Sephora Singapore had a pre-launch event for this palette, and that kept me wondering, does this mean......? Answer: Yes.

I was super excited when I saw Sephora Malaysia posted this picture on their facebook wall. Many UD fans have been bombarding Sephora Malaysia's facebook wall with questions regarding the event. It was obvious that many people are heading down to Sephora solely for this palette and we were informed that there were limited stocks for sale. I know it was fat hope but I decided to give it a try anyway!

I arrived Sephora at 2pm and guess what? I was the first in line! Pretty unexpected because a little bird told me that people started queuing at 12-1pm during the pre-launch event in ION, Singapore. The thought of knowing that I'll get this FOR SURE excites me but I wasn't excited for long. Beep beep beep! Rant alert!

Generally, I don't like other people taking pictures of me. Reason being I don't know how I'll look on their camera and if I look like shit I don't want the picture to get published. But when one of the staff kindly asked a picture of me for being the first in line, I forcefully said OK since this was a public event and they might need to include it in their report or something. But still, I don't like it.

I personally think that one picture is enough! It really made me super uncomfortable when the event managers and sales assistants kept taking pictures of me -,-. Seriously, it was damn embarrassing. I don't think that being the first is that big of a deal and I don't like strangers taking pictures of me! The moment I know that my picture-not-ready look is gonna get posted up on their wall, I hope that I was the second in line instead of the first. Why didn't I walk a tad bit slower?! Ishhhh..

Anyway, after having to wait for an hour, Eric Jimenez walked in, gave a speech blablabla and announced that we could finally made our purchase. I walked up to him, he passed me a NAKED 2 palette, when I was just about to walk away, the people asked for pictures AGAIN!

After that, Eric Jimenez gave a lady a make over, demonstrating different looks using the palette and at the same time promoting other products from UD.

Yeah, that was pretty much how my trip went. I happily brought home my Naked 2 palette!

Along with other stuff too :)

And when I'm home, I saw my picture on their facebook page. As expected.

Messy hair, not even looking at the camera. Simply awkward. Just Bleh.

So, did you girls manage to get your Naked 2 palette? How did your weekend went?

Love,
Charlotte

0 doddles:

Post a Comment